As a prospective graduate student, studying abroad may be a dream for you but the high cost of international education can sometimes be a hindrance to making that dream a reality. Don’t worry, there’s hope! International scholarship programs are available to make studying abroad a possibility. In this blog post, we’ll showcase some of the leading international scholarship opportunities that can help you achieve your goal of higher education abroad.
- Fulbright Scholarship: Approximately 1,800 Fulbright scholarships are given out annually to outstanding international students who want to study for a master’s or doctoral degree in the US. The Fulbright Scholarship Program is an international exchange scholarship program run by the U.S. government in collaboration with 155 countries. The scholarship covers tuition, books, travel expenses, living allowance, and health insurance. Deadlines for the scholarship vary from country to country and range from February to October each year.
- Chevening Scholarship: This is a fully-funded opportunity for international students to study for a one-year master’s degree at any UK university. The scholarship covers tuition fees, a monthly living allowance, travel costs, and other expenses. The program aims to provide future leaders and decision-makers with the knowledge and skills to contribute to their countries' development. The scholarship is open to mid-career professionals with at least two years of work experience and a clear idea of how their course of study will benefit their career and country. The application opens once a year, with the deadline usually in November or December.
- Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program: The Program provides higher education opportunities for economically marginalized young people from Sub-Saharan Africa. It covers tuition fees, accommodation, travel costs, and other expenses and also provides opportunities for leadership development, mentoring, and internships. Eligible candidates are students who have demonstrated academic excellence and leadership potential but have limited financial resources. The scholarship is offered in partnership with select universities in Sub-Saharan Africa and North America. The application opens once a year, with the deadline usually in the first quarter of the year.
- DAAD is the largest funding organization in the world for the international exchange of students and researchers. DAAD offers a variety of scholarship programs for international students and researchers who want to study or conduct research in Germany. Scholarships are available for undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate studies, as well as for research and doctoral programs. DAAD also provides a range of services to support international students and researchers in Germany, including language courses, information on the study and research opportunities, and help with finding accommodation.
- ERASMUS MUNDUS JOINT MASTERS SCHOLARSHIP: Students from all over the world holding a first degree are eligible for this funding and the degree programs are delivered by multiple higher education institutions and run across various countries. The funding generally covers your travel costs and living expenses. The amount of funding is dependent on the course and research project. Overall, the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship is an excellent opportunity for students who want to further their education and gain valuable international experience.
In conclusion, there are several international scholarship programs available for students looking to pursue higher education abroad. These programs provide funding and support to help you achieve your dream of studying abroad. Whether you are interested in studying in the U.S., UK, Africa, Germany, or Europe, there is a scholarship program that can help you achieve your goals. Visit www.japaanow.com to access limitless international opportunities.